SEND at Harrow Gate Primary Academy

At Harrow Gate, we aim to provide a broad, balanced and varied curriculum that meets the needs of all children. 

We aspire to ensure that we identify and assess early indicators of a special education need or disabilty at the earliest time so that approrpiate provision and support can be put in place at the soonest opportunity. School are eager to work with parents to support identification of needs. Where necessary school aim to aid parents with appropriate outside agency referrals. 

We follow a graduated approach to assessing, planning, doing and reviewing the provision and progress of each child idenfied as having a special educational need or disability. We recognise the vital role parents have in supporting school to best meet the holistic needs of their children. 

We work closely with a range of outside agencies (Applied Psychologies, Future Steps, Speech and Language, NHS medical services, CAMHS, Neurodevelopmental Pathway to name a few) in order to best understand the needs of individuals and to best adapt provision to support the child in the most effective ways. 

We prioritise effective in school and next stage transitions so children expereince smooth move to the next step of their education. 

Our SENCO is Gemma Holloway. 

Harrow Gate Academy SEND Offer

Updated: 20/04/2022 446 KB

Stockton's Local SEND Offer provides information to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities, aged 0 – 25, to help them to understand what services and support, they and their families can expect from a range of local agencies within the local authority and neighbouring area.Stockton's Local Offer 

Please click the link below to access full details of Stockton's Local Offer


Complaints procedure for SEN support and EHCP provision

If you want to complain about a school’s SEN support, you should do it while your child is still registered at the school.

This includes complaints that the school has not provided the support required by your child’s SEN statement or education, health and care (EHC) plan.

Click the link below for full explanation of the process.


SEND Information Report

Updated: 06/02/2024 404 KB

SEND Policy

Updated: 06/02/2024 177 KB

The ADHD Foundation Neurodiversity Charity - an integrated health and education service

Advisory Centre for Education advice and information on education issues.

AFASIC Supports parents and represents children and young people with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN).

Barnardo’s Children's charity.

British Deaf Association (BDA)

British Dyslexia Association

BullyingUK part of family lives

Children’s Legal Centre Free legal information, advice and representation for children, young people, their families, carers and professionals.

Child Law Advice website has a section for children and young people

Contact a charity for families of disabled children.

Council for Disabled Children

Daisy Chain a Stockton based charity helping autistic children and adults and their families throughout the UK.

Diabetes UK

Disability Living Foundation

Down’s Syndrome Association

Dyslexia Action

Epilepsy Action

Family Fund Charity aiming to support, advise and possibly help with funds for families with severely disabled children.

Family Lives Family Lives aims to transform the lives of families by supporting parents at building happier relationships, happier families and a stronger society.

Haemophilia Society

I CAN - The children's communication charity supports children with speech, language and communication difficulties.

Information, Advice and Support Services Network

Leukaemia Care

IPSEA Independent Parental Special Education Advice

LOOK National Federation of Families with Visually Impaired Children)

KIDS (Working with disabled children, young people and their families)

MENCAP Support people with a learning disability.

Motability Exchange your mobility allowance to lease a car, scooter or powered wheelchair.

MIND (National Association for Mental Health)

National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux

National Association of Special Educational Needs

National Asthma UK

National Autistic Society

National Deaf Children’s Society (NDCS) Families can also contact NDCS through their Freephone helpline on 0808 800 8880, or NDCS live chat. Deaf children and young people can access information, share their experiences and have fun at

National Eczema Society

National Federation of the Blind

National Society for Epilepsy

Network 81 A national network of parents working towards properly resourced inclusive education for children with special needs.

Newlife A free national Helpline which supports and informs families of children with disabilities and terminal illness as well as grants for essential medical equipment.

Physically Disabled and Able Bodied (PHAB)

Rainbow Trust supports families who have a child aged 0-18 years with a life threatening or terminal illness and are in the greatest need.

Scope provide support and information if your child has a physical impairment, learning disability or any other condition.

Special Needs Jungle Parent-led information, resources and informed opinion about children and young people with SEN, special needs, disability, health conditions and rare diseases.

Sibs exists to support people who grow up with or have grown up with a disabled brother or sister.

The Stroke Association

The National Network of Parent Carer Forums

Whizz Kidz can help to transform the lives of disabled children across the UK, supporting them to become confident and independent young adults

Young Minds improving children's wellbeing and mental health.