Sports Premium Funding
What is the Sports Premium?
In April 2013, the Government announced specific funding for the development of Physical Education (PE) and sport. This funding is ring fenced to be used for sport specific areas to make an impact in Physical Education and Sport in schools. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and Sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Vision: All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Objective: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in our academy against 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all students in regular physical activity- kick starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all students
- Increased participation in competitive sport